Thursday, December 27, 2007

Dec. 25, 26, 27

Christmas Day:  Here's how it went.  My friend Jeannette came from Davis and we walked to Subway for lunch.  And for exercise.  Then we went to see Atonement.  Intense movie.  

Wednesday, I drove to Davis and Jeannette and I had soup at her house and then walked downtown to see Margo at the Wedding.  I'm still trying to figure that one out.  Oh, on the 24th, while most of Sacramento was shopping, I saw National Treasure: Book of Secrets.  I do like Nicolas Cage.

Today, Paulette and I went to the Folsom Premium Outlets and shopped for four or five hours.  We didn't get to see everything but saw enough and bought enough. 

I must enjoy the weekend and New Year's Eve because I am on call for Jury Duty.  I have to call in on Dec. 31.  Guess I won't be going out of town for a while.

4 comments:

Sue said...

I better start saving my money for Folsom when Cindy and I make our delayed trip.
Maybe you will luck out of jury duty and it will be settled out of court.
Sue

LaDawn said...

I have never been called up for jury duty which I have always regretted. I'm registered to vote and obviously since I am a registered expatriate I can't be but for the years I lived in the USA I still never got called. I think justice metted out by a jury of your peers is one of the most profound components of the American system of justice and being called up for jury duty is a civic duty. The U.S. Constitution guarantees all people, regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, or economic status, the right to trial by an impartial jury. Justice ultimately depends to a large measure upon the quality of the jurors who serve in our courts. You are an important and honoured person to have been called up because it means you live in a country that values justice.

Shirley said...

I served on a jury a couple of years ago. It was a Federal case--a young girl accused of dealing drugs. It was not a pleasant experience. It is hard to hold the future of someone in your hands. It's hard to determine just what is reasonable doubt. Good luck with that.

Myrnagj said...

Thank you LaDawn and Shirley for the encouragement and luck. I'll keep you posted.