Friday, December 7, 2007

per LaDawn's request.

Attention to my blog.
I did answer the list of questions.   Whose psychology/sociology paper am I now a part of?

The first of December I thought I might write a poem a day during December for this blog.  I'm already seven days behind. 

For my friend Joan:  Today is your birthday.  Your are my role model.  You are amazing.  Fifteen years my senior, when you started sprinting to the finish in the Davis Turkey Trot, I could not catch you.  Keep pulling me along.  You do set the bar high.   Your parties are the best and I wish you many, many more birthdays.
 
 I am spending a lot of time practicing for the Winter Showcase at the dance studio.  I am part of The Girlfriends.  We are dancing a cha cha show piece.


Although I'm about 1500 miles away from Omaha, the shooting has made me sad.  I'm grateful that none of my family was shopping that day.  I have been wondering if they knew any of the victims.  
Why is this country fighting terrorists in foreign lands when we continue to have plenty of home-grown ones?   

The HOLIDAY season makes me cranky and I don't even shop or bake or travel.





6 comments:

Janell said...

We continue to fight terrorists in foreign land so they won't come over here and fly our own airplanes into tall buildings - or find some other way to kill us. The homegrown ones are a separate issue.
What is your solution to the war on terror?

Myrnagj said...

I don not have a solution to the war on terror. People with guns, killing many people in schools or malls are terrorists.

I don't believe invading a country and killing their civilians is the answer to anything.

This is all I will say about this unless I do come up with a solution.

Janell said...

It was our country that was invaded and civilians from all over the world who died on 9/11.

People with guns who commit homicide and suicide in schools or malls are extremely sick individuals, seeking attention. The most recent one (at the Westroads) in fact said so in his note, "I'll be famous after today..." (I know his name, but I won't say it or write it.) This was not an act of terrorism, but one of the most evil acts that has ever been committed in my lifetime. This was a boy "with a miserably failed personal... life, venting his rage in a murderous vendetta against the world." (Harold Schechter.)

Shirley said...

Don't let the holidays make you cranky. People are going to continue to do their thing this time of year. Let them do it and keep true to yourself.
It's good you can identify your friend Joan as so important to you, and good your grateful for her.

The shooting was a horrible reminder to us all that there are complicated minds of all kinds around us. Sick, maybe evil, I don't know what the guy was thinking. Someday we may evolve past these violent times.

LaDawn said...

I have been feeling a wee bit cranky as well, Myrna! Am hoping that being off work for a few weeks and doing things I love to do instead of a whole bunch of things I have to do will help alleviate the crankiness.

Not sure if violence will ever go away. For there to be peace there must be violence. Every ying requires a yang. That doesn't mean we shouldn't struggle against it. Although I believe we should not mete out another serving of violence in the process.

LaDawn said...

PS Baking or travel could make you less cranky....coem visit me. We'll make you less cranky!

Shopping never fails to make me cranky. Best avoid that one!