Thursday, January 31, 2008

UPcoming event


Before I left for the ST. George hotel last Friday, I made a reservation for a beach house at Bodega Bay.  This is our/my alternative to a Christmas mess.  It is MY birthday celebration.  It took a couple of years of suggesting, but now it is a tradition.  This is the third annual.  We have outgrown the cute little two bedroom place across the street from my good friends Terry and Cynthia.  This year we will be down the street a bit in a place with two bedrooms and a loft, all with queen sized beds.  There is an iron spiral staircase and from the web photos the view is great.

We arrive for dinner on Friday evening and take a walk on the beach before dark.  In the morning there is breakfast and the opening of presents.  Last year I used up the last of the Christmas wrap.  I get to be creative about wrapping this year.  Now I get to go shopping.  Last year I had lots of ideas; this year I think I may have to ask for ideas.

Last year Skyler and Paulette took an early morning walk on the beach.  After breakfast we all go to the beach.  We wear shorts, swim suits and rolled up pants to walk along the edge of the water.  There hasn't been much interest in digging in the sand.  At low tide we go looking for sea anemones and starfish on the rocks.  One year there were a lot; last year not so many. 

4 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like fun. When I visited David when Shae was 2 or 3. She taught me the way to pronounce anemones. Shae is very smart.
Sue

Shirley said...

Are you going on your birthday?

cdroses said...

Tell Cynthia and Terry "HI", for me. I remember sitting for Simba (or as big as that dog was, it allowed me to be in the house).

Sounds like a good time! Always froze my behind off when I visited Bodega Bay. Hope it'll be somewhat warm for you. We'll have to swap "beach" pictures! I'll be visiting Lincoln City in Northern OR over Spring Break.

LaDawn said...

That picture is beautiful. Looks like the starfish are all having a cuddle. Maybe they'd had a bad day!