Thursday, March 12, 2009

I believe

NPR has a part called "This I Believe"  people write essays and then read them on the air.  There are also printed collections of these essays.

These are some of my thoughts so far.   Consider this a work in progress.

I believe in the interconnected web of being.  The web that connects me with every living thing on the planet.  I try to do what is the best for this web.   I try also, to do right by the earth, the air, the sky and the water that sustains our lives.

I believe in family however YOU define and live it for yourself.   I have family I can reach out and physically touch, some I touch through telephone and internet.   There is my family of origin and longtime close friends who often feel and act like family.  And there are the ancestors. 


1 comment:

Shirley said...

These are good thoughts. It is not the easiest thing to do -- to come up with the answer of what one is certain to believe. I can often think of a statement, then get a waiver of doubt. Am I wishy washy or flexible?

I am also a fan of the NPR Believe essays. I've heard a couple archived ones that blew me away.