Wednesday, June 9, 2010

vacation

Things that stand out from my morning drive through a Colorado valley surrounded by mountains.

1) A young deer played chicken with me on the highway. We both survived. I stopped in time. The deer looked at me and disappeared into the forest.

2) A baby moose started racing me down the highway. Then stopped and crossed behind me. It had knobby knees and the large antlers.

3) On the porch of a log house I passed a woman sat with her coffee. Her view of the mountains and valley was magnificent. I could imagine sitting there every morning if it wasn't so far from a city.


Vacation is almost over.




2 comments:

Shirley said...

Good eyes -- watching out for the wildlife -- you can keep your car for a while yet.

Sue said...

Had some buffalo cross the road in Custer Park and saw quite a few antelope and prairie dogs along the way. Both J & J are good a spotting any wildlife.