Thursday, August 23, 2007

School starting

The first days of school always like a new year to me. It doesn't matter if it is mid August (although it used to bother me because it wasn't September) the start of something new. The problem is August doesn't smell like September. Janell and Emily's adventure into book buying made me want to sign up for a class. HOWEVER the cost of books has gone so high I probably can't afford the class fees or the books.

Wow, you have had some weather. We are back into the triple digits here in the Sacramento valley. Of course it's State Fair time too and it has to be 100+ for that every year.

The Monarchs have their first playoff game tonight against San Antonio Stars. Go Monarchs!!!

7 comments:

Sue said...

The Husker Volleyball girls begin their season tonight also. They are playing in the AVCA tournament in Omaha. Wish I could be there.

I know school has started when I go home from work. The street behind the high school is congested.
Sue

Janell said...

I've decided to look for a cheap, non credit class to take to satisfy my lust for higher education.
I'm sorry you felt tormented by Delaine's remarks. Encouragemnet was never her strong point. I remember her shaking her head and tsk tsking when she found out I had enlisted while Vietnam was still raging. I don't think she intended to be hurtful, she was just opinionated.

Janell said...

OOPS. I meant for the last half of that comment to go on your previous posting.

Myrnagj said...

The NCAA Vollyball finals will be at ARCO Arena--we missed the date--but Paulette and I are going to find out and maybe get tickets. More later.

Myrnagj said...

Oh by the way the Monarchs pushed rigjt out over the Stars last night. (80 something to 60 something)

Shirley said...

School started for Alex on the 13th -- "he loved it" and he had no comment to how much we missed him on Monday.

Sue said...

When Nebraska makes it to Sacramento, might be a good excuse to come visit? Something to think about.
Sue