Monday, February 11, 2008

Pretend Spring

Pretend Spring is what I call the week in mid February.  Around President's day,  fog decorates the fields in puffy patches. It also hovers above the water of the river.  Sixty degree days bring out the shorts.  Flowering trees are tricked into blooming.  They pop up between the naked ones.   During this week I enjoy as much outdoor activity as possible because I've been here long enough to know winter is hiding in the near future.   

For everyone east of Nevada I apologize.  I just HAD to write about this winter break.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

That was mean. I can handle this but I'm not so sure about Suzie.

Sue said...

It's ok. The more snow I have to move off the driveway before I go to work the better chance that I will have a weight loss.
Sue

LaDawn said...

We've been having deep overnight freezes and waking up to blankets of frost over the fields. During the day the temperatures are soaring to 45 degrees. During the day I think about the summer months and get stressed about planting the vegetable garden. When I wake up in the morning I relaise there is nothing to stress about. There is plenty of time.