Monday, February 18, 2008

See what I made.


I had to do something with a quilt Grandma Anderson made for me when I got married.  I had used it a lot and it was worn.  SO...I cut some of the blocks out and framed them.  The top shoe, Mother once told me it was mine.  I suppose the other one was Aunt Julia's and maybe Mother's.

These two projects are part of my attempt to have everything in my home have a place instead of stuck in a box for sorting.  Paraphrasing Shirley: All this stuff takes up time and energy as well as space.

I'm glad I don't have enough to rent a space at the Brass armadillo.











Here's a piece of Grandma Anderson's wedding china.  I used a piece of a quilt she had made me and put it in a barnboard shadowbox frame.  Paulette and a couple of friends said it looks good.  I'll take a photo of the place where it is hanging later.   Both pieces are in the kitchen and the counter is messy.


3 comments:

Shirley said...

I like those -- what size are they?

Myrnagj said...

The plate frame is 15 x 18 and the shoe one is 9 x 11.
I found them at Micahels.

Janell said...

Great ideas - good work. They look beautiful.