Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday

Monday about ten, Paulette called to see what time kids can swim at the pool.  1-3pm is the answer.  I'll be there about 1:30, she said.  And sure enough she arrived and we put on our suits and joined, Josie and Mazie from Ohio who were swimming with their grandparents and great-grandmother.  The kids were seven and nine.  As kids will they became instant friends and made up games.  The adults floated around and helped with the jumping in games.  It was a wonderful afternoon.  After Paulette left Shae and I went to Michael's  because they had ten things for ten dollars.   I got my ten things and was looking at some unfinished wood picture frames when Shae picked up  a flat piece of wood and said, "I need this for my project."  "What Project?" I asked.  "My _____ project." she replied.  Hands out in front of her making circular motions and measuring motions.  (I never did understand what the name of the project was.)  It was only one dollar and I was curious so I bought it.  Back home I asked if she needed anything else for her project.  I watched her think and think.  She wasn't coming up with anything so I suggested she use some little foam pieces in a kit she had.  "Yes, of course that's what I want."  With a little glue her project was done.

Late afternoon I needed to run some errands and we were off to the Linen and things sale--nothing there.  And then to the bank to deposit a check.  I intended to stop and the store for dinner items but on the way home decided we would eat out.  The first place we stopped at was closed.  So we went to one of my favorite restaurants,  Bella Bru.  Shae had chosen lasagna when I realized there was a kids menu.  I read the choices or options (her choice of language).
No she wanted the options.  Hint for grandparents: Always check the coloring page they give the kids for the kid's menu.   I knew that but forgot.  Well the lasagna was great.  No we didn't share.  She ate half and we took home the rest for lunch later.  I had a salmon burger.  Then of course it is time for dessert.  Across the parking lot is a Big Spoon Frozen Yogurt store.  You serve yourself from the machines and then add all the toppings you think you can afford.  Shae had Mango Tango  with caramel, whipped cream and cherries.  I had vanilla with caramel, whipped cream and cherries.  IT was very good.  Back home it was bedtime.  

Tuesday, Paulette came about noon and Shae went with her to clean up her classroom.  I met them at the dance studio and Shae and I went to Davis for dinner with my "dinner group".   We had two "guests" Shae and the daughter of Elinore, Kara.  Kara just completed had Phd and has a job in New Mexico.  Elinore has RPA  Rapid Progressing Aphasia.  (one more thing we can worry about that takes our mind.) More about that later.   We had a great dinner and I don't know who was most entertaining, Shae age 4 or Kara age 39.    Kara is so excited about her job, her move.  It was a fun evening.

Wednesday.
We were busy today.  Shae decided on one more bike ride.  She first said no.  I reminded her it would be her last chance because we have plans tomorrow.  Five minutes later she had changed her mind.  We rode to the nearby playground and she had a good time playing alone and with me.  I'm not much for climbing on play structures but I cheered every move she made.  I pushed the swing and watched her "tricks" on the swing.  It was very windy this morning and into the afternoon when we went to the swimming pool.  It was fine as long as I stayed in the water.  Today a grandma had her grandson Bodie.  Again the kids played like best friends.

Less than five minutes after I read her story she is asleep.

And that's life on the Shae Train.  

3 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like you and Shae are having a great time. It will be very quiet when she leaves.

Shirley said...

Shae is really keeping you moving. You are probably going to be sore for a few days after she leaves.

Davey1dr said...

The Shae Train is headed for Reno tomorrow and she has some very excited fans waiting for her!!
See you soon,
Love ya
Daddy