Monday, June 9, 2008

Saturday and Sunday



The Monarchs lost on Friday--They were leading the first three quarters and then the Shock took over.  We will get them next time.  
Shae has a new jersey with number 4 on it because she is four and Hayne went to Atlanta and the jersey was cheap.  She also got a big foam finger (like Skyler's).  Auntie P bought dinner and at half time we had ice cream.  We all had a good time.

On Saturday morning Paulette arrived at 9am to go to Home Depot.  The project was building a catamaran.  Shae knew exactly what to do and with Paulette's help the project was finished.  for our next errand we were off to REI to get sunglasses for Paulette--really good ones that will protect her eyes since her lasix surgery.  I bought myself some because I had broken my last pair from last summer.  Shae really like one pair so I bought it for her.  REI was having a "garage sale" so we joined the crowd in the parking lot.  Paulette found a second pair of sunglasses--cheap and hiking sneakers.  I found a down sleeping bag for $60.  Shae said "I;m ready to go now." twice.  She was very patient.  Now it was lunch time and we went to the Elephant Bar.  The kids meal (mac and cheese) included a strawberry sundae.  Paulette and I were patient while she talked and ate her way through the sundae.

Paulette and Shae had a short swim and she didn't run this time so today there will be another swim time.   Paulette went to see Sex in the City.  I didn't think it was appropriate for Shae s0 we stayed home to rest.  Shae took a really long nap and when I woke her up she said, "Auntie P didn't come back last night."  She was happy when I told her it was still Saturday and Auntie P would be back to take her to her house at six o'clock. 

When they left I went dancing.  Paulette danced on Friday night.

Sunday morning I got ready to go to the Women's fitness run/walk in a very quiet apartment.  They met me at the end of the race and we visited all of the booths and got some almonds, some magnets and Jamba Juice coupons.  Paulette and Shae walked with me back to my car and set off walking to Old Sacramento and then a Rivercats game.  I bought my Sunday papers, came home, made pesto with goat cheese and tossed it with roasted potatoes and green beans.  It is really good.  I had lunch and read my newspapers.  I went to a West Coast Swing lesson and Paulette brought Shae to come home with me.  I thought she would go to sleep easily after a shower and snack.  Although very quiet she did not sleep until about 9:30.

It's 9:30 Monday now and we have been for a bike ride for her and walk for me to the pond where we saw a daddy duck and a baby duck and three jack rabbits.  Shae is playing dominos and when I finish here I get to play with her.


3 comments:

Shirley said...

Good for you all being patient with eachother.

Davey1dr said...

Wow!! I am so jealous you got to go to a River cats game.
I can't wait to spend 2 weeks with Grandma and Auntie "P".
When is it my turn????
Please!Please!Please!
I love you all very Much!!
Can't wait see you Friday!!

Davey1dr said...

I love you very shae skyler!!!