Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday

We are waiting for Paulette to come get us for the Monarchs game tonight.  I have resorted to a timer and cartoons to avoid answering the "When is Auntie P coming?" question a thousand more times.

Yesterday on the way home I heard a mother of a young child describe her life as:  "Molly gets up and gets on the Molly train and I get on the Molly train and away we go all day long."  I can say I  get on the talking Shae train every morning.  

Thursday we had our final party at my school.   Shae went with the kids to watch Cinderella until it was time to eat. Yes we had watched it two days ago.  The party, a huge success, included the giving of certificates to students for their hours in class.  AND of course a lot of homemade Mexican food.  Shae tried nopales (cactus) salad.  She liked it but didn't ask for seconds.  One of my students pointed out there were some real hot peppers in it.  She didn't get any of them in her mouth.

 We came home and she played with the art supplies Maria Paz had given her.   I finished David's T-shirt quilt.  It is not fancy but it holds his sports, concert and other memories together in one place.  And there are not five boxes of T-shirts in their garage.  Shae helped me take out all of the safety pins I had used while tying and binding the quilt.  An exciting game for about fifteen minutes.  

We went to  the swimming pool for a about thirty minutes.  She broke the no running rule so no swimming today.   When she was talking to her mother this afternoon she said "I didn't go swimming today."  There was a pause and I said tell her why.  Shae covered the mouthpiece of the phone and said, "She didn't ask."  Daddy had already asked why  so it was no secret.

We had a snack and it was time for a little bicycle ride to the duck pond.  We had a nice walk and ride to the pond and she got to take a couple of pictures with her (not digital) camera.  I am amazed at how much she can talk, how many questions she can ask and every answer requires a WHY.  I am saying there is no why.  I get a puzzled look and she says "OK" and goes on to the next question.

We had garlic, chicken and pasta for dinner along with some potato salad I had made.  She likes my potato salad and said she had never had potato salad before.

Bedtime took a while because of phone calls to say goodnight.  Here's how it went:  She called David, not available,  then Robin was unavailable.  As we hung up Denise called from Florida.  Of course she had to talk to her for a few minutes.  While we were talking Robin called back.  Then we called back to Robin.  Then everyone had to say goodnight and she wanted to start over again.  We read two  short books and she went to sleep.

Today we went to Dixon to clear out some stuff and junk.   That done we went to Davis for lunch and bought some post cards for her to send her family.  We shopped at the coop and picked up the box of vegetables.  A trip to midtown Sacramento for my race number for Sunday and we were home.  It was rest time.  Yes, for both of us.  We had a snack, she wrote her postcards and we mailed them when I picked up my mail.  She got a letter from home and was very excited.  We played Animal Rummy for as long as I could.  Now this darn waiting.

GO MONARCHS!

1 comment:

Davey1dr said...

Keep up the good work Mom!!
She is a pistol is'nt she.
We sure do miss her.I am so glad she is getting to spend some quality time with her Grandma and Auntie P.Hope the Monarchs win talk
to you tomorrow.
Love ya David