Monday, September 28, 2009

New season

This morning it was cool enough for long sleeves--until about 9am. So that's how I know it is fall. And the tree outside my kitchen has some yellow leaves. I know the first day of fall was a week ago but it is hard to believe it when the temp outside is still getting up to 100.

My new ESL class is good although it is low intermediate instead of Advanced like last year. I have to practice speaking more slowly. I can always tell because their eyes glaze over. Most are too polite to say anything.

The Sacramento Monarchs ended the season at the very bottom. Oh well there's always next year.

Paulette and I went with friends to see Wicked in San Francisco. It was fantastic. We had been in Ashland the week-end before and saw three plays. Equivocation, All's Well That Ends Well and Don Quixote. Good plays and the weather was beautiful. They were having sidewalk sales and the craft show was still going on. Almost not enough time to get everything done between plays.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Fall is in the air in Nebraska also. There was a frost possibility for Tuesday am so I covered my tomato and pepper plants and moved some of my outside plants into the garage overnight. I'm hoping for a few more bacon-tomato sandwiches before it really freezes. The cherry tomatoes are soooooo good on my salads.

Janell said...

We had frost on the ground Sunday morning (10/4).
I went to the musical Don Quixote at UNO last year. They did a great job. Is there a non-musical version?

Tina Hilliard said...

Thank you for sending the booklet and photo from the reunion. It was nice to be thought of. I have been keeping up with Tammy and Cindy through email and Facebook. I wish I could of made the trip this year! Maybe on the next one! Texas has been rainy since football season began, not cool but rainy. This weekend it was only 61 degrees out and I was searching for my coat, brrrr. Ha Ha

Shirley said...

It snowed here this weekend.