Friday, March 23, 2007

TGIF

The weekend begins.....It is spring...Time to go outside.

Sunday a hike to Cold Canyon near Lake Berryessa. I haven't been there for a few years. I haven't been on a serious hike for a couple of years. It's time.

Tonight I think I'll go dancing. I have been doing other things on Fridays for a month or so and I miss the ballroom dancing.

I have had a good time with my students this week. (I teach adult esl students) They have been researching states. I have given each one a different state and the 50states website. Some answer the questions and go on to grammar exercises or other topics. The great thing has been the ones who look at more than the pages to get the answers and share what they are finding with me and their class mates. For example the Oklahoma state flag is beautiful. I haven't looked at all of them so can't say it is the best.

We have been learning to use pronouns. I forget every year how hard it is to explain sort out my, me mine, her hers she etc.
I think the most difficult is their, they're and there... But teacher they all sound the same.

No comments: