Sunday, March 18, 2007

weekend ending

Sunday evening....I have almost finished my weekend list of chores. I would be done but I took a walk to Borders for newspapers, iced tea and a little browsing. Perfect weather for walking this afternoon. There were Canadian geese by th pond and some little birds I don't recognize. I don't think they were babies because the adults were far away from them. I read the Sacramento and San Francisco Sunday papers all week.

Strong woman...The Kearney coach who went to support her team five hours after giving birth...

There is still smoke in the air from the burning railroad tresel. I can't see if if I look straight up but if I look toward the horizon it is smokey. Can't smell it so suppose to mean I'm not breathing creasote.

1 comment:

Janell said...

On breathing: as far as I am away from it - 17 miles - I can sometimes smell Blair's Cargill corn processing plant fumes. It smells like someone is barbecuing cornflakes marinated in ammonia, and not doing a very good job of it. When they first fired up that plant, the bird population for miles and miles around dropped dramatically. It lent an eery silence to the woods behind our house. It seems to have recovered somewhat. We get a good summer flock of swallows in the barn - they keep the flies under control.
love,
Janell