Thursday, June 7, 2007

Thursday

Words of Wisdom for today: When you are five, tired and missing your mom--your socks don"t fit right.

A bike ride in the morning and swimming in the afternoon makes everyone very tired and cranky. Skyler is napping; I'm catching up. Bills are paid, laundry on the last load, clothes packed for Skyler to go home tomorrow. There are some vacation things I need to do but not yet. I'm making lists of what not to forget.

The new age of electronics requires a lot of recharging equipment and if you for get it your camera, phone video camera will be usless. There is a law of some kind that says if you forget one of those vital cords--no one where you are going will have one and even if you try to buy one it will have to be ordered and arrive when you get home.

How many kinds of shoes do I need? How many of my pills do I need? It is cool here for June and making it difficult to think: hot, humid weather. I usually forget anything for rain since it doesn't usually rain here in the valley from June to October.
I definitly need my exercise clothes and shoes. Walking daily in essential for me. I haven't done enough in the last ten days but I have been riding my bike.

OK I gotta go to the store and get some milk. And check my lists.

6 comments:

Shirley said...

This is a really long time away from mom and dad -- and sisters, too. He must be pretty mature. And comfortable.

Shirley said...

And also -- yes, bring your pills and your walking shoes -- Alex and I have been doing the jr-high track. He's a bit bored with it now though. He wants me to stop at every mark and then get set, and GO.

LaDawn said...

The whole electronics charger thing drives me crazy too. When I went to Italy I needed an adapter as well. So I had one adapter to charge my laptop, my Blackberry, my phone, my camera. But the real kicker fo rme was that fire laws are so stringent in Rome that there was only one place to plug anything in. In the bathroom. So there I was using my laptopn sitting on the bidet. A sight to behold!

Sue said...

Had to find a plug in at the airport in Omaha (will explain when I have time to recap my trip on The Back Nine). The only place I could find one was in the restroom. Watched people come and "go" while charging my cell phone.
Sue

cdroses said...

Keeping in mind WHO you will be traveling with (mostly David), you may want to bring some hip-waders along....you know the bullsh** will be piling up!

Ladawn...good thing no one got a picture of you! :)

LaDawn said...

I allow only very few people in the bathroom when I am in there and never with a camera. :-)