Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Skyler

Today we went to the pool. Thank goodness Kaitlin and her grandma were there. It made it a lot more fun. Skyler showed his male side by wanting to be aggressive and Kaitlin held her own and was competitive. One hour and we were done and no one drowned. As we walked away from the pool Skyler asked, "Can we go bike riding now?" Answer, "Not until it cools off a bit."

This morning was the end of school party with plenty of very good food. I wish I liked tamales as much as everyone else. I'd rather have an enchilada. Anyhow it is the favorite food of my students. We handed out certificates of the hours students had attended since September. Everyone had a good time. Tomorrow I'm showing Whale Rider. After class is the staff lunch and then I"M on SUMMER VACATION. I can focus more on getting to Nebraska and setting up a web site for everyone to follow our road trip, I also have to learn to use my new camera and make sure I have all the cords I need with me.

Oh, does anyone have suggestions of music for a road trip. I already have On the Road Again and Route 66.

3 comments:

LaDawn said...

I am not a fan of tamales either. I like cheese enchiladas but my favourite is chile rellenos. I love both the crispy and the egg battered. the spicier the better. Man, I can't get them over here. Can't even get the poblano chiles. We try to grow them in my veg garden but it just doesn't get warm enough.

Janell said...

Sounds like Skylar is taking good care of his grandma and showing her a good time.
Reading about your school parites makes me hungry.
I'm trying out that emotions = five senses excercise. Will post it on OSM if I get it together.
J

cdroses said...

roflmbo You really don't want my suggestions for "road trip" music. But here's my two cents:
"Highway to Hell" AC/DC
"Miles Away" Poison
"Party" Boston
"Wheel In the Sky" Journey

Oh wait! I thought of one that you might like. Newsboys (Christian Rock) "Wherever We Go, That's Where the Party is At"

4 weeks until my vacation! I have to burn a good "church appropriate" cd for the trip.

Looking forward to see your road trip website. We may have to do something similar with the Youth Group Mission Trip. That would be a cool way to keep the congregation and (mostly) parents informed of our activities.