Friday, June 1, 2007

Thursday

The last day of school. I showed Whale Rider and my students exchanged gifts. I don't know how it came about but they drew names and brought each other gifts. I received a plant from one of my students. She doesn't know I can kill plants without even trying. No lesson planning until August.

Skyler stayed with Maria and last night he tried out a couple of Spanish words. I offered to let him watch the movie with the class but he looked at the cover and said, "I don't think this is appropriate."

Then we went to the staff lunch; small staff only seven people including him. I really don't like kids at adult lunches but the administrative assistant, Telly, talked me into it. I must say Skyler lasted longer than I expected him to. I still don't like kids at adult meetings even if i brought the kid.

Back home we rested until it cooled down enough to go for a bike ride. This time Skyler took a spill. He fell into the grass pretty hard and the bike hit his arm. No lasting scrapes or bruises. However, when relating it to his parents he called it a crash. Now I know to inform them before he does of the extent of the "crash" We went on to Borders and he had chocolate milk while I had a latte. The ride home was uneventful. We looked for our blue heron to take pictures but it wasn't at the pond.

I have had to relearn something I learned when Paulette was small. Do NOT be sucked into arguing with a child. So...now I am walking away after stating my case once; sometimes twice. Kids are such little lawyers.

Now it's Friday, first day of vacation and we have things to do.

2 comments:

LaDawn said...

Sebastian doesn't get out of school until 8 July. C'mon summer!

Shirley said...

Grandma -- what are you thinking --attempting to show a movie that is not appropriate?

Bob & I need to remember that point about not arguing -- Alex always wants to give that a shot.